Brake caliper paint

snatch3838

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
130   1
Reaction score
Well I know what you are thinking cheap way out. Not at all. Well it is 10 a can I used dupli color. This type of spray paint has ceramic in it so it It is durable. I put it on my 22/45 and love it. Unfortunately it is not a holstered gun so I cannot give you guys a longterm wear test. But it is thick, had to tape off the serial numbers to not cover them it is so thick. So if you use it beware of tight fit areas and numbers. The brownells chipped off so I wanted something different and trust me it is better.
I first removed the blue with foil, paper napkin, distiller vinegar. I poured the vinegar in the towel and wrapped the barrel. Then wrap with foil. Baked for 5'min, repeat
The process to make sure I got it all. This will pull the blu and leave a light layer of rust when oxygen gets to it so I wiped it down with steel wool fast after removing the towel. I did normwant to put barrel in boiling vinegar because the chemical reaction would be every where not just where I put it. I did not want rust inside the barrel or other internal areas. After I cleaned with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
I taped off the inside then spray painted it. With the caliper paint. Let dry no special instructions needed bake it if you want to.
So far it stood up to hopes #9, rem bore cleaner,and of course rem oil. No chipping or flaking I will add later after I try the new aresol cleaner degreasers wilbich are a little more harsh.
Any questions I will be happy to answer if I can. It has been two months now so time will be the true test

Last edited:
I hope they are out of focus

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom