Bravo Company or Colt

The colts I've had of late,the last 6 months or so have the best finish that I've seen in a while,as far as slop goes bcm is hit or miss,the colts always have the same consistent (looseness),Dougie's is really tight like a rock river,have two other bcm's that aren't like that.

The colts I've had of late,the last 6 months or so have the best finish that I've seen in a while,as far as slop goes bcm is hit or miss,the colts always have the same consistent (looseness),Dougie's is really tight like a rock river,have two other bcm's that aren't like that.

How was the BCM you sold configured?

Isn't a little looseness good for reliability? Sure you lose a little accuracy with it but given the AR vs AK platform it seems like a little looser tolerances would be acceptable.

You did me righteous on my BCM hk. I can not be anymore happier than what I have now. I've got a badass ACOG TA31 sitting atop of her and I'm awaiting a nice light weight rail to afix to her.

Isn't a little looseness good for reliability? Sure you lose a little accuracy with it but given the AR vs AK platform it seems like a little looser tolerances would be acceptable.

Lazarus, this isn't directed at you, but more of a general response to an often cited "issue".

The fit between the upper and lower have no effect on reliability either. Ultimately, it's completely unimportant concerning ARs. People like to point it out as an indication of quality, but that's like saying Ford is better than Chevy because the tailgate closes tighter. I hate a tight fitting upper. Having to use a tool to separate the receivers is a pain in the butt. Having some slop between receivers is a result of tolerance stacking and is no big deal. The accuracy potential and reliability of an AR is contained entirely within the upper receiver, barring some random lower parts failure. Even then, the upper to lower fit plays no role in reliability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom