• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Broke the ice with my muzzleloader

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
I killed this doe on the 13th. She was one of three that I saw. The shot was 100 yards, quartering away. One well placed 225 grain, 45 caliber Powerbelt bullet destroyed her lungs. She dropped in her tracks. This was my fifth sit in the woods. I've seen deer on four of those outings. Won't be long til the bucks get to cruising.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
nice
I have only been using Power Belt Bullets since they came out and with great results
prior hunting bullet was the Thompson Center Maxi Hunter
I've heard complaints from others about poor penetration and deer lost when they used Powerbelts. I don't think it was the bullet's fault. Most of the deer I've shot with them drop in their tracks. One's that do run go down quickly.

I've heard complaints from others about poor penetration and deer lost when they used Powerbelts. I don't think it was the bullet's fault. Most of the deer I've shot with them drop in their tracks. One's that do run go down quickly.

I have had a 50 cal. bullet lodge just under the skin on the other side of a broadside shot, this has happened once each with the Power Belt 348 gr copper HP & TC Maxi Hunter lead 275 gr
with 100gr FF Black Powder at around 75 yds
I could see the bulge under the skin, both expanded to about the size of a nickel

I have since switched to Power Belt's 245 gr Aero Tip on top of 100 gr of FF
all have passed through

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom