Browning 2000 Semi Auto Shotgun with the bolt stuck open.

Possible corrective actions.

• Take it to a smith.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never hunt with vintage guns.

• You're a dummy and shouldn't be trusted with any thing that goes "bang".

• Check the responses for your simple answer (How did he not know this?)

• Total voters

BDuke

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
Hello OTD'ers,
So I went dove hunting with my vintage 2000. I get to my stand and I load my first round. The bolt was in the open position and it started to release, but stopped. I cant get the dang thing closed!
I've removed the shell that jiggled around in it for far too long.
Can anyone offer suggestions? I was told that dropping the trigger group may free it up, but I hate to start guessing.
Many thanks,
BDuke

Really interested if you can get the gun to function. Had 2 and both were trouble from day one. 12 and 20 gauge New and had several repair tries by Browning and local Browning repair to no avail.

Really interested if you can get the gun to function. Had 2 and both were trouble from day one. 12 and 20 gauge New and had several repair tries by Browning and local Browning repair to no avail.
I got it going again. All I did was take some light weight gun oil and spray it in the port located near the trigger. Rolled it around for a little bit to coat everything, and then started working the bolt. It popped free after 30 seconds. Works great now.

If the trigger group doesn't go back in just right it will do that. Mine is hard to get in and does is as well if it's not perfect.

Back
Top Bottom