Browning Cynergy Owners

I have one in 28 ga. I have owned it for almost 10 years. It is my favorite O/U. Shoots great and breaks targets hard.

Thanks for the feed-back ... I'm looking at 12 Gauge ... would love a 28 if the blasted ammo were the same cost (I don't reload shotgun ... and never will)

The major complaint that I have seen with the Cinergy (aside from its departure from traditional looks) is that they are "Barrel Heavy" and that anything longer than 28" will be noticable. I went to Bass PRO and looked at both the Citori CXS and the Cynergy (in 30") ...
I found that the Cinergy was indeed "Barrel Heavy" and that the fore-grip was "Kind of Fat" ..I imagine that an.
adjustable comb could be of benefit to some .. I had to really "Cheek Down" to assure alignment of the front/rear beads.

As a "Both Eyes Open" shooter, I also imagine that the 60/40 shot pattern would be practical for me.

Still on the fence ... I like both the Cinergy and Citori CXS

If the gun does not fit naturally then I would not get it. For me Beretta O/U's do not fit, even though I really wanted one. Brownings esp the Citori's fit me very well and I shoot them very well. The Cynergy also fits me well, just not quite as comfortable and the Citori's.

If the gun does not fit naturally then I would not get it. For me Beretta O/U's do not fit, even though I really wanted one. Brownings esp the Citori's fit me very well and I shoot them very well. The Cynergy also fits me well, just not quite as comfortable and the Citori's.

LOL!

I had a Beretta SP III that I let someone talk me into taking a bunch of money to trade it away.
It had their totally adjustable stock option ... and was adjusted to my utter satisfaction!

I do like the way the Citori CXS fits ... except for the rise in the comb ...the Cinergy does have more affordable options in that department ....

Whatever I get to take its place will likely have some sort of adjustable stock.

I bought one in 2004, I bought it from Bargain Barn just a week before the store burned down. I shoot NSCA, and am currently in master class.
And I shot the Cynergy a LOT, 10,000 to 15,000 rounds over a couple years. And I never shot it well.

Mine had the stupid looking curved stock with the C shaped recoil pad, 30" barrels. (see first pic) Since the comb is curved instead of straight, if you put your face further forward or back, its a different sight picture.
The C shaped recoil pad did tame recoil, but to me it's all just a gimmick.
A Browning rep saw me shooting it once and was really excited to talk to me about it. Since you never see anyone shooting them at big shoots like Quail Unlimited, State shoots or the NWTF shoot. Shoots that draws several hundred shooters. After just a min or two, he was ready to move on. I told him it was the worst designed shotgun I had shot, I told him there's a reason you don't see them at sporting clay's shoots.
I let at least a dozen others shoot mine, and no one was consistent with it. I ended up selling mine on GunBroker because no one I knew would even make an offer on it.

Having said all that. If you get one with the traditional style stock, (likes on a Citori) (see second pic) you may have better luck. But my opinion, you can do a LOT better. A Citori, or any of the Beretta O/U's will serve you better.

8176154_02_browning_cynergy_feather_20_ga_640.jpg
img_8100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom