Build or Buy a 10mm 1911?

I agree. Building a Polymer 80 in 10mm will give you something to do and after you have finished builinding it you will have a 15 shot 10mm that has the grip angle of a 1911 and the easy parts acquisition of a Gen 3 Glock. Every part is your choice and Brownell's, EBAY are easy sources. I built both a G19 and G17 which are both great shooters. Another nice thing is that you can start with the lower and "build" the pistol on your budget, over time. I will say that building a Polymer80 is not a "bargain", as all the parts you need add up. I figured my G17 and G19 cost me around $450 each as you have to buy the barrel, slide and parts kit.
I built mine a year ago and I don't know what has happened with availability in this crazy economy, but finding the PF45 frame kit might be your biggest challenge as 10MM is becoming a must have. Good luck

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

I bought a Remington R1 Hunter 6 inch long slide in 10 mm. I took it and shot it and it hung up on every round. I took it home and disassembled the whole gun. I replaced every part with Wilson Combat parts. What didn't need replace I stoned and polished. Runs like a dream now. You can build one. Once you get into it you will see how simple it is. The slide is easy to build. The frame can be tricky because you might need to file or grind some parts to make them fit. It will take a good long time and you are bound to take off to much on a part and have to buy another. It really isn't that bad though.

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_135151327.jpg
    IMG_20211202_135151327.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom