By baby is coming home!!

Sorry for the delay getting this out to everyone, but as promised...here is the story. To catch those of you up that don't remember/didn't know, I realized I shot the barrel out on this gun early in the '18 deer season. I bought the gun in 1998 and have shot more deer with it over the years than I can count (prob an average of 5 per year). I also enjoy doing some longer range and target shooting with it as well. Been reloading for it for years now as well. Before shooting out the barrel, it was a bone stock Remington 700 just as it came out the box with the exception of a slight trigger adjustment that I did myself. Had the 26" 1:14 varmint profile barrel on it and was matte blued finish they did on these models back in the day. After spending some time with the master, Joe Collier, she is a hot rod! It has a 24" 1:10 varmint profile Muller Works barrel, threaded 5/8-24 with thread protector (you can hardly tell it's there unless the light hits it just right). I also added a Timney flat blade trigger, Talley scope mounts (just stuck scope in it for pics, it's not close to where it needs to be located), and had him bed it as well. Finish all that off with a sweet charcoal Cerakote paint job to match the stock it came with and it's ready for action. Feeling pretty good about accuracy. Joe took it out with some "junk PMC ammo" to get it on paper and had intensions of shooting groups with some Hornady stuff he had. He put one shot down it at 25 to get it on paper and moved out to 100. Shot three more rounds with the PMC and was so happy with the result (knowing I will work up a load for it anyhow) that he quit with it right there. Can't wait to put some rounds down it myself and see how it does.

In closing, if anyone ever needs any quality work done on their rifles/shotguns or want a top of the line precision bolt gun made, call Joe Collier at Collier Rifles. He is a great dude and really makes a nice gun.

IMG_4465.jpg
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
IMG_4467.jpg
IMG_4444.JPG

Back
Top Bottom