• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

C&R Collecting Associated Memorabilia

I have antiques from the 1800's with swastikas on them. How can this be? Anyhoo, why does any stigma matter to your collection, I'm not offended.

I agree.....I'm not offended one bit, nor am I worried about people being offended about my collection. My opinion of it is, if it's kept in the context of historical collecting, it's no big deal. I have a lot of nazi money, pins and stamps, japanese head bands and flags....conversely I keep US and Allied country memorabilia to, it's not one sided.

I agree.....I'm not offended one bit, nor am I worried about people being offended about my collection. My opinion of it is, if it's kept in the context of historical collecting, it's no big deal. I have a lot of nazi money, pins and stamps, japanese head bands and flags....conversely I keep US and Allied country memorabilia to, it's not one sided.
And someone needs to preserve this history for future generations to see.

Exactly! Ive got lots of WWII stuff of all types. I just dont want to seem like a weirdo

Exactly! Ive got lots of WWII stuff of all types. I just dont want to seem like a weirdo

Ehh, don't worry about it....unless you base your life on certain extreme ideologies, it should be kept in complete context. It's important to remember the good doesn't get the chance to be great without the bad getting it's chance to be evil. In a completely historical sense, our American exceptionalism was built on the backs of defeating the imperialism of colonial Great Britain, the German Empire of WWI and the Empire of Japan as well as the political ideologies of Nazi Germany and Red Russia.

Here's a Luftwaffe helmet I bought at a gun show in Birmingham when I was around 8-9 years old. I've been collecting Nazi relics all my life. It's interesting and it is history. I have been offered a decent amount of money for this helmet on several occasions, but it is NFS. Original liner too...Some nincompoop dropped a small amount of red paint inside to make it look like blood. Probably some kid playing with it after the war. No chin strap. I saved my money and paid $60 back in the early-mid 80's. It is worth a bit more now. :)

DSC00718.JPG

DSC00719.JPG

Back
Top Bottom