California Begins Confiscating Legally-Purchased Guns

I loved California when I was stationed at Ft. Ord, but that was a long time ago and it was a different place back then. Full of idiots now, I ain't goin' back.

Seems like they could go for more valuable things if they owe back taxes/fines. Maybe that's the only "item of value" they have on the books- i.e. no car or real estate.

Of course, they need to start with criminals to make the population accept it- once they're used to it they can easily expand the practice.

When I read the original link it immediately struck me that they made big deal about the homeowner being lured out by cops and then being detained at gunpoint while they took his guns, but they didn't even mention was his supposed offense was. I'd think that if it was for minor, unrelated violations then they would have said so, and would have made a big deal about it.

The prospect of police going door to door and confiscating guns for civil infractions like delinquent taxes and unpaid parking tickets is horrifying. But trying to twist what may well be a legitimate police action into a gun grab is every bit as disingenuous as Bloomy's loonies referring to the Boston bomber as a victim of "gun violence". Law abiding citizens have an inalienable right to keep and bear arms. That does not mean that there aren't legitimate seizures of firearms from actual criminals either.

Just my .02 worth.

^^^ I would have to agree, seems fishy how they never said what his infraction was. If this was true I would like to hear it from other media channels, haven't yet. But the idea of having a toll fine not being paid, leading to the loss of my 2nd amendment seem pretty extreme...

A police officer came to the door and lured Mendez out of his house with a story of a hit and run report. Once outside, he had M16s pointed within inches of his face, was taken into custody and had all weapons removed from his house.

There goes that myth that cops won't go door to door to confiscate your firearms.

Back
Top Bottom