Caliper Release?

blazedawg87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
198   0
Reaction score
Anyone here use one?
Recommendations?
Anyone have one they are wanting to trade for wrist release or one they just flat out dont want?

Last edited:
If you mean "caliper" release, I use a Tru Ball Pro Diamond and it's awesome. It's a T-handle with finger grooves and a thumb trigger, I also have a Tru Ball Rackmaster Pro wrist release that has the caliper for back up in case I drop the Pro Diamond but it's REAL TOUCHY! I don't care much for wrist releases because they're just not comfortable to me and the triggers are VERY sensitive. The T-handle makes drawing my bow much easier and for me I get greater accuracy with it. For people with any kind of back problems the T-handles make shooting less painful, and my back is messed up nine ways to Sunday! The lady who taught me how to shoot properly was a former world champion and showed me how to use it as if it was a back tension release and I love it. IMHO, Tru Ball releases can't be beat. Although they are a little expensive, mine was about $95. I've tried others but I like Tru Ball best.:thumb:

fixed the spelling lol. yea i was wanting to try one out and see if i liked them better than a regular strap release.

What exactlly do you mean by caliper release? Usually that term is used for a wrist strap style release. Are you talking about a thumber trigger type release? I used a T.R.U. Ball Trail Boss for awhile and they work pretty much the same way except you hold them different. I would suggest going to shoot afew before you spend the money on one. The one I bought was over $100 but they are nice.

Carter also makes some nice ones...ive been looking at trying the Carter Target 4 just dont know if I want to put my Scott down again. They are also over $100, but you can find them used for around $70-$80.

Back
Top Bottom