Call your mom . We are not promised tomorrow.

d2076

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
I have been thinking about postponing my trip to Michigan in June to spend sometime with my mom. Between my kids, work and life it just seems like a bad time . I received a call last night from my best friend and his mom was making the 5 hour trip to spend mothers day with him and she was killed in a car wreck less than 20 mins away from his house . This was my wake up call that we are not promised tomorrow . I wont be canceling that trip in June and will make more of a effort to build a better relationship with my mom which is something we never really had since I was a young child. Tomorrow could be too late so call that woman in your life that was your mom growing and let her know despite whatever happened in your relationship your thankful for her.

Thanks i neded to hear that my mom and i have had some serious dissagreement lately

Me too. Our relationship is strained to say the least but I guess through this God has convicted my heart to agree to disagree with her love her through her faults and try to build a relationship with her that goes past the surface level.

Texted so wouldn't wake Mom up, called her later, and waiting to get off work to go see her! Thanks for sharing!

My mom and I haven't been on much of speaking term for about 10yrs now. I did give her a call this morning and we chatted for about 30mins, probably more than we've said to each other in the past 10yrs combined. Glad I did, seemed to have brightened her day, and I'm comming to realize more and more how lifes just too short to sweat chit for that dang long.

Nick T

I lost my Mom last September and today has been tough. I am at peace knowing that through salvation I will see her again but I sure wish I could tell her one more time how thankful I am for all that she did for me. I encourage all of you who still can to give your Mom a call if she lives far away or go see her if she is close by. You might not get another chance.

Called my mom just after midnight and left a message. Then called her about 12:30 after she was our of church.

When I was young, dumb and full of bubblegum my mom and I butted heads. A LOT! When I got married to my first wife, there was a lot of issues between her and my mother. I've since wised up and she and my current wife get along famously. I tell her it took having a horrible daughter-in-law to appreciate the good one! :D

Back
Top Bottom