• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Camo

ATLEMT

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
So im in the market for some new camo. I know it doesnt really all have to match for deer to care but is it different for turkey?

Is there a downside to buying all the same pattern if it doesng cost any different?

None that i have now really matches either. But since im biying new camo and ot doesnt cost any more or less to buy all one pattern im curious if there is a reason not to

Get the realtree leafy suit from Bass pro and be done with it. The absolute best there is. I hunt off the ground with a bow and every year I get 6+ deer wearing it. My brother has the mossy oak and he looks like a blob when I come up on him in the woods. Mossy oak is too dark for on the ground hunting.

I was looking at mossy oak break up infinity. I've read good things about it.

I'll be hunting from a stand in south Georgia if that matters.

Personally, I really don't think any camo pattern is better than another. Most game animals don't see in the exact same color spectrum we do anyway. My opinion is most of the fancy patterns are only good for getting more dollars out of hunters wallets. Plenty of deer been killed by people not wearing any camo. I do believe leafy suits help to break up your outline, but other than that, being still is better camo than anything you can buy from the store.

My deer killin' clothes are camo because that's how they come. I'd wear Carhartt's but I'm afraid of looking like a deer. Thing about a turkey is he's looking behind the tree. Now if the sun's shinin' on you and you wave at him, well, no camo's gonna help you there.

There's a fella I know..we call him Leafy. Before leafy suits came out he went to the craft store and got a bunch of silk leaves and black safety pins. Showed up to turkey hunt covered in the things. I can't think about it without laughing. I'll start wearing leaves when the turkeys do. A turkey will walk up and stand to the gun with his head all ablaze in red, white and blue. And if you have not the fortitude to do the business will laugh at you and turn to smoke before you can screw yourself together. Now we're supposed to sit to him covered in leaves? There's no honor or sportsmanship in that at all. Nossir. But, hell. There's people will go to him and play with plastic dollies; hidin' in a camoflaged playhouse. Nevermind. I ought not speak the truth on the internet when it comes to settin' to a turkey.

Ambush an ol' sneakin' whitetail how you please. When it comes to a turkey gobbler, be just as much of what he is as you may.

If my camo matches it is an accident. By the way, I have filled my GA buck tag; two bucks in five days. Now on to the does.

Back
Top Bottom