• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Camping scare stories.

well crap, we cant read'em until you type'em bro.
Ok here’s one while I’m takin a dump. That’s a scary story itself. This one’s not scary just weird. Another night me and the boys on our “ghost hunting” kick decided to go to chickamauga battlefield at 2 in the AM. By the time we got there it was foggy as hell. Verry Erie. If I remember right it was kind of like a park you could actually drive through. After we drove back aways ,we were just driving around lookin around. Out of no where there was a dude just walking. At 2 Am. He was a normal looking young dude. Looked spooked as hell when we drove up to him. I mean I don’t blame him car full of young dudes in the middle of the night. We just asked him if he was ok. He just looked at us and said ya. So we were like ok dude. Went down the road a little to turn around to leave he was gone. Don’t know where the hell he went. Weird.

Got a few... house I grew up in (my dad built it) and nothing ever happened there so not sure what’s up with it other than possibly the land at one point. But anyways. There was something there and as I grew up could see a shadow out of the side of my sight sometimes. Happened as I got older as a kid too so it wasn’t just me being a little kid I discovered. One night my now wife was walking down the stairs to my bedroom in the basement and turned around and booked it back up the stairs hysterical saying she’d heard something walking. Then one night we were in bed and she woke me up kicking and flailing swearing up and down something was right at the foot of the bed and it had woke her up. There was a night or two I had woke up from my door moving or feeling like something had touched my shoulder.

as I was a child my dad always said “those things aren’t real and what’s not real can’t hurt you” Im assuming to ease my mind as a kid, but once I got older he told me it’s been around since he’s built the house. He’s got friends that have seen/heard it without him ever mentioning it. He also told me after his divorce and he lived alone he would sit down to go #2 with the bathroom door open in his bathroom and he could hear/see where something would sit on the bed while he pooped. He even said he’d talk to it sometimes or tell it to go and the bed would creak again.

the only time it ever scared me, I was probably 17 and it had opened and slammed a dresser drawer in my bedroom at around 3am. That one startled me.

I’ve heard sulfer smell in a situation like that is no Bueno. Something evil if you believe in that such thing anyway.
A friend of mine was over a few nights later and we were talking about work while having drinks. He is superstitious, me not so much.
I told him about what happened and then the sulfur smell, and he quit smiling and said it was something evil like you just said.
I don't know if it was or not, but it was definitely creepy feeling while I was there. Just kept trying to focus on completing the job, while staying aware.

Once my sister in law and brother were talking about my recently deceased grandmother and we’re about to start cooking and they’re stove stop gas burner turned on.

also my nephew as a baby always stared at a specific empty chair.

About 10 years ago I was re-keying locks at an old house in Lilburn. It was kind of a weird ranch with a basement in a newer subdivision. It was also a very hot night (11-12pm) in the summer and the house didn't have the HVAC active, but it did have lights. After I finished up the main level entries and installed the lockbox, I grabbed my tools and headed to the basement.
The basement had I think 3 keyed entries. I did the first one that was closest to the front of the home. As I installed the last lock, I swore I saw a shadow at my 4 'o' clock. I turned and looked, but there was nothing but a large empty room.
I started on the 2nd entry and had a feeling something was watching and I was thinking I was just being stupid.
Start on the last entry in the back, and it suddenly got cold, don't remember seeing my breath though. Went from sweating to freezing and feeling something was there, but wasn't. I kept working and then started to smell sulfur, it was really strong too. Just got chills down my back at that time. I'm not the type to panic or get scared, but I couldn't wait to finish and get out of there ASAP.
I don't really have many more of these types of experiences, but I still can feel this one today. Always wondered if something went on at that old house in the past.
Where in lilburn was this house?

Where in lilburn was this house?
To be honest, I can't remember exactly where. I used to do so many properties all around Atlanta that they all get mixed up in my head now. If I could pull up my old paperwork I might be able to locate it. I'd have to remember which asset company it was too.

Back
Top Bottom