• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can a wife sell her husbands guns in GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus van dude that burn has got to HURT.

DAMN!

Worst beatdown I've ever seen on ODT.... And I've seen a few.

On a side note. Arc did offer a chocolate chip later to smooth things over so... Bonus. All is well. Takes a man to admit when he's had his ass kicked.

Under OCGA 16-8-1, definitions, property owned by a spouse or owned jointly cannot be the subject of theft. The answer is that you cannot steal from your spouse in Ga. On the civil level, property division is supposedly not affected by marital misconduct, real world it can or likely may be. The property division may take into consideration items sold from the marital estate. Yes I am an attorney, and I rarely play one on T.V. If the husband is crackers, then she would likely do best by turning the firearms over to law enforcement. It may divert some of the attention from her as far as hatred.

Under OCGA 16-8-1, definitions, property owned by a spouse or owned jointly cannot be the subject of theft. The answer is that you cannot steal from your spouse in Ga. On the civil level, property division is supposedly not affected by marital misconduct, real world it can or likely may be. The property division may take into consideration items sold from the marital estate. Yes I am an attorney, and I rarely play one on T.V. If the husband is crackers, then she would likely do best by turning the firearms over to law enforcement. It may divert some of the attention from her as far as hatred.

Exactly except for one part:

By what legal theory could law enforcement deprive him of the property? According to the OP, the guy at this point isn't under any sort of indictment or subject to a court order. he hasn't been convicted of a disqualifying offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom