Can we expand the Long-gun swap and sell section??

aaronward9

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
145   0
Reaction score
It seems like I have to weed through 10 of the 15 posts per page because they are AR's, AK's, SKS, FAL's, Mosins, Garands, Mini-14's/30's and other assault/semi-auto weapons....

Can we get a section for rifles/shotguns/muzzlelaoders (hunting weapons only) and a section for the other "stuff?"

***There's 27 of the "other" guns listed on the first page as of right now when I posted this***

Last edited:
It seems like I have to weed through 10 of the 15 posts per page because they are AR's, AK's, SKS, FAL's, Mosins, Garands, Mini-14's/30's and other assault/semi-auto weapons....

Can we get a section for rifles/shotguns/muzzlelaoders (hunting weapons only) and a section for the other "stuff?"

***There's 27 of the "other" guns listed on the first page as of right now when I posted this***
I agree ;]

"Bolt Action" and "Semi Auto" would be cool.
and THIS !

Let me think about it for a little while. I'm not a big fan of a bunch of sub categories personally, I was probably one of the few people who really liked gons single category listing.

I do most of my browsing from my phone so the less categories there are the easier it is to navigate. I also do not know if we have enough listings yet to justify more categories. If people want to voice their opinions in this thread I will certainly consider them.

I would like to see a section for ARs and AKs. Could be together untill we grow a little more. Mabe list complete rifles and parts together?

I prefer it the way it is.

There are so many categories which blend over into other categories. The Bolt and Semi seem reasonable as subcategories, but that puts the M.70's, M.700's and the M. 77's in with the Springfields, Enfields, and Moisins. And what about the M.94's and M. 1895's and M. 336's? Do they get a different category?

The Military and Hunting seem reasonable subcategories, but many folks hunt with black rifles these days. Where does a sporterized Mauser go??

And then there are shotguns. Is there a separate category for Shotguns? Do defense shotguns go in with military rifles???
Or with hunting shotguns??? Semi auto shotguns separate from pumps? Separate category for double guns? I hate having to look through all those side by sides when I'm looking for an over and under!!!!

I think this is one of those things where, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Sometimes one can find a treasure they didn't know they were looking for while sorting through the list.

Back
Top Bottom