• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cane pole exemption?

That's the only way my Father fished also. A cane pole, a cricket cage and he was a happy man. He could also out-breamfish anyone who is using a rod and reel using the same bait. I still use one a lot but it's manmade fiberglass instead of a bamboo pole.

That's the only way my Father fished also. A cane pole, a cricket cage and he was a happy man. He could also out-breamfish anyone who is using a rod and reel using the same bait. I still use one a lot but it's manmade fiberglass instead of a bamboo pole.
I have a couple of one piece, old school cane poles - only 10 ft. long. Slung thousands of fish out of the river on them. I treat them like handmade fly rods. More fussy about them than my graphite rods.

Caught many bass floating the river with a 14-16 ft cane pole with 50# line using spring lizards ,with my granddad in the early 70’s just flipping under the willows.i don’t even know where you can get them now.back then every bait store had them.

Caught many bass floating the river with a 14-16 ft cane pole with 50# line using spring lizards ,with my granddad in the early 70’s just flipping under the willows.i don’t even know where you can get them now.back then every bait store had them.
My dad used to catch monster bass "jigger fishing" with a cane pole, using mason's twine for line.

There's a reason it's illegal in pro fishing.

And you have to be born in 1951 or 1952 to get free license, anyone after that it's $8.00 bucks or so, mine was a little higher cause I got the hard card license.

Back
Top Bottom