• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can't find some of the parts I need.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I have been looking for a Tool craft BCG for a week now and no one has any. I not ready to buy this second but I was trying to get it lined up for the end of this month by locating one and seeing who has the best price. Heck now you can't even find one at any price. Now JP offered one but it's higher than a set of giraffe balls. I mean we are talking about 485 smackaroos for the enhanced bolt job. I mean good Lord you can buy a complete PSA rifle cheaper than that and only 100 shy of a PSA AR-10. That's a hard pill to swallow right there. I was initially looking at Criterion or JP rifle barrels but I think I'm going to go with the Rainier Arms ultra match 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel. It only weighs slightly over 2 lb and I believe they use Shilen blanks. P I've used for rear arms ultra match barrels before and it was probably one of the most accurate barrels I've ever owned. It was in 308 and it was a bull barrel but it shot just a smidge over 1/4 MOA consistently when I was doing my part of course. It's a little more expensive than the Criterion and about $300 less than the JP Barrel but Rainier Arms make some kick-ass barrels for sure. I really wanted a 20-in barrel but all they make is 18 inch and then the 22 and up. So that's still up for debate. The build is coming along slowly but surely. I just got the upper receiver in today and assembled the parts in it and faced the receiver and it needed it. A lot of it came out where you could see the aluminum color and then about 35% of it was still anodized so it needed to be done.

IMG_20231213_135259045.jpg

I swear they were out of stock yesterday or the day before. Usually AR-15 Discounts and Right To Bear are the first places I look. Well that solves that equation. Now if they just stay in stock till the end of the month I will be in good shape. Thank you. I looked everywhere in the last two days and nobody has them.

I was looking for the 6.5 specific BCG with the dual ejectors. I was going to give that a run and maybe upgrade the bolt to a JP piece of necessary. Those are out of stock..

A blue line punisher skull mag. Why am I not surprised?
That's been on there for years. I hold it special because my son picked it out. I have been divorced for 5 years and the kids stayed there so they would have better job opportunities than up here on the mountain. I love my children and they help me pick out parts for my guns. What seems stupid to you I love because my youngest picked out for me. You probably wouldn't know one thing about that! A lot of parts I have in storage and I use is to remind me of them and keep them close. Especially the really edgy parts that seem wild were picked out for me by him. I still use them when I can. I think he was 8 or 9 when I bought that at his request.

When I sold of my first AR-10 parts that mag I kept and sold all the rest. Those little doo dads use because he picked them out. I am not worried what some narcissistic, self entitled gun enthusiast thinks.

I might just get a Tool craft BCG for the 308 and then buy a JP enhanced high pressure bolt. I will still save a ton over a complete JP BCG. Then I know it will do the job and not fail.

That's been on there for years. I hold it special because my son picked it out. I have been divorced for 5 years and the kids stayed there so they would have better job opportunities than up here on the mountain. I love my children and they help me pick out parts for my guns. What seems stupid to you I love because my youngest picked out for me. You probably wouldn't know one thing about that! A lot of parts I have in storage and I use is to remind me of them and keep them close. Especially the really edgy parts that seem wild were picked out for me by him. I still use them when I can. I think he was 8 or 9 when I bought that at his request.
My wife not liking me and my kids not wanting to be with me or simply having kids?

My wife not liking me and my kids not wanting to be with me or simply having kids?
Doing something that others may think odd or ridiculous for the simple fact that your son loved it and I put it on just because it connects me with him. I am not going there with your family. That's off limits. Some guys are so caught up in how there stuff looks to others they would shy away from mementos that their son picked out. Like the wild muzzle brake I put on a 6.8 and you posted a " 🤣 " and then in another post you remarked " You do you brother "
That gun has a few parts my son wanted me buy and I took them off the rifle I sold because the are special to me. So I put them on for memories. I just don't care how my rifles look to other because I am not a wanna be operator. I'm just a gun enthusiast and I just have fun with it. The day I stop having fun with it is the day I stop.

Back
Top Bottom