• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

South West GA  car detail (update)

Hey man if you really do a good job on detailing, a good bit of extra money can be made detailing airplanes and an occasional hellicopters.Even more if you know how to taxi planes around and can refuel them for the customers. I worked at a flight training school and mainly detailed airplanes for about two years and all sorts of vehicles as well. You can make way more money than you are making on trucks in one plane. You can use basically any cleaners, you would need different waxes and plexi-glass cleaners for the windows. And the only real differences is when you clean the windows you are more "waxing" them than cleaning, and you MUST go straight up and down so if a scratch accidentally gets in the plexi-glass it won't interfere with the pilots view. Other than that it's like doing a car, but you make a whole lot more money.

Also you can make some good money if you get your name out to buissness, especially hospitals! You can come to the hospital and get the keys from the doctors and detail their cars at work in the parking lot, while the doctors are working so when they come out it's good to go. You can make a lot of extra money that way. Of course for this you would need your water tank and have to be carefull about EPA regulations as to where your drain off is going. Just trying to throw you some extra Ideas that I know will work once you get them going.

Hope this helps and good luck!

At a place I used to work, there used to be a guy who would come by and pick cars up and return them a couple of hours later spic and span clean. Might offer that service to folks who get to know you. That or wash in the parking lot might be useful.

Are you goin mobile or is this at a "place of business"? I could use some detail on my 2008 maxima. I'd be glad to support a fellow ODT'r.

Back
Top Bottom