• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carry Revolver help

New production S&W isn't any better than Ruger. Taurus makes some cool stuff, but you can't depend on them. If you're only going to have one, make it something you can pocket carry. LCR in .38 is the most reasonable choice.

IDK what all the naysaying is about,

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_04_ha9uhyva.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_04_ypaveset.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_04_u8ujunu7.jpg

My is only unloaded to clean it, and accurate enough for across the yard pest removals ;)

DO IT

9Cloud, if you are looking for a good 3" revolver, the M65 from S&W is tough to beat. Fixed sights, not adjustable and will shoot .357, +P, and .38. It is a stainless revolver, and if you are diligent, you should be able to find one very close to your price range. However, I must admit, pocket carrying a 3" revolver is going to be a bit uncomfortable. I pocket carry a M37, S&W, but it is not a .357, can shoot +P, but I carry .38 in mine. With a Blackhawk size three pocket holster, it is very comfortable. I also have a S&W M60, stainless that I carry from time to time. A little heavier, but not as snappy as the M37. J frame S&W revolvers are relatively easy to carry, but to each his own. Carry what you shoot well.

Ive owned several different small frame revolvers Taurus, S&W, Rossi, and Ruger. The only ones I currently own are S&W 642 and Ruger
LCR. The Ruger is the wifes and is chambered in 22lr. I carry the J frame Smith 642 quite often. I prefer the enclosed hammer since it often ends up in my pocket and don't want anything snagging when I draw it. The Ruger Sp101 is a great gun but is slightly larger then the J frames its the only ruger I would consider carrying over a J frame. Ive owned many guns over the years and the one that will never be sold is the J frame 642 its dependable and carries very easy. Its not pretty to look at and has been carried a lot initially as a back up weapon when I policed. The small frame 357's I have owned were not pleasant to shoot they're manageable but in my opinion not worth the extra recoil to justify it over a 38. I like my wifes ruger LCR but the trigger is different you have to make sure to fully let it out after you fire or it will not reset properly. If you train with it often this won't be an issue but the trigger on the smith is much more refined and more to my liking.

Back
Top Bottom