• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CBS news," Glocks rarely just go off"

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
It's 7:05 and local CBS is reporting on the PTC chiefs shooting of his wife.

In an update they report a local firearms expert explain to them that Glocks only fire if the trigger its pulled, that they never "just go off". I'm thinking to myself great, finally a news report gets something right. Then they post a graphic with the words, " Glocks rarely " just go off" ". They have to do something, just can't help themselves.

Fox news ATL now, parroting Glocks have "3 internal safeties and just don't go off". They did add that his service gun was in bed with the couple and the Chief was moving it.

They omit just how easy they fire. It's the reason N.Y.C. mandated a horribly heavy trigger-12 pounds of pressure on their Glocks, which caused an accuracy drop worse than it already was.

At least N.Y.C. accidental shootings went down, right?

Aug 25, 2012 · New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said all nine bystanders wounded in Friday's Empire State Building shooting had been hit with police gunfire, CNN ...

He reiterated that the officers appeared to have no choice but to shoot Johnson, whose body had 10 bullets wounds in the chest, arms and legs.

Police fired 16 rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll only go off if you call them an ugly little Block. I'm always careful with my words around those things, don't wanna take any chances.

Those Austrians sure do make some emotionally unstable firearms. Get some counselors in the factory already. Make sure they have decent self esteem before they get shipped. Can't rely on something that goes off if you call them ugly, right?

Those Austrians sure do make some emotionally unstable firearms. Get some counselors in the factory already. Make sure they have decent self esteem before they get shipped. Can't rely on something that goes off if you call them ugly, right?

Nope, much cheaper to just put a 22lb trigger pull in it. Or use a decent holster that protects the trigger until ready to use.

The new York triggers make it harder to pull, but also harder to hit what you're aiming at- see above story.

If you don't want to update training, wouldn't it be better to go to DAO sigs, rather a Glock?

Well in the real world exactly what gun just goes off, Glock or otherwise?
and what gun doesn't have redundant internal safeties?
And lets not forget on this same day a female armed Security guard shot herself in the leg at a bank while "INSPECTING" her weapon(Glock).
Glocks are easy to accidentally fire if you don't have training and have your head screwed on right at all times, bottom line, don't put Booger hook on Bang switch until you want to fire, that's any weapon. not just the Block, uh oh they will be looking for me now!!!

Well in the real world exactly what gun just goes off, Glock or otherwise?
and what gun doesn't have redundant internal safeties?
And lets not forget on this same day a female armed Security guard shot herself in the leg at a bank while "INSPECTING" her weapon(Glock).
Glocks are easy to accidentally fire if you don't have training and have your head screwed on right at all times, bottom line, don't put Booger hook on Bang switch until you want to fire, that's any weapon. not just the Block, uh oh they will be looking for me now!!!

any gun is easy to negligently fire, no such thing as an accident. Mine have never gone off without me pulling the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom