• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CCI or Remington subsonic?

Remmy or CCI?

• Remington 38gr Subsonic

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • CCI 40gr Subsonic

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters

chromedome82

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
I know you see the title and think "easy answer" but hear me out. I was thinking about buying a couple thousand rounds of 22lr sub loads and kinda got stuck between CCI and Remington. I've used both of them in the ol souped up 10/22 and seem to have great results with em.
Basically I'm wodering is there any reason to shy away from the Remmys. I know they are a "dirtier" round but I generally clean the rifle after every hundred rounds or so due to the fact that I shot suppressed 98% of the time.
Both are more accurate than I am as well. The main things that sway me are the price of the Remmy's and availability . I can pick em up at Academy for $6.49 per 100 where the CCI's run $8 per hundred and are no where close to me. So with all that said has anyone experienced any issues aftrr thousands of rounds with the cheaper stuff that may sway me towards the CCIs?

Last edited:
I tend to favor CCI. Never have had to question them. Might pay a tad more, but you'll know exactly what your are getting.

That's my main gripe, Availability. I do enjoy the peace of mind that comes with CCI but I hate having to drive to Benton TN to pay $9 a box or having to wait for back orders online. Even Gun-deals has only a few mentions of the CCI's

I've always had good luck with CCI and would spend the extra cash for them. Not bashing the other but I tend to stay with what I know works in my 10/22.

Back
Top Bottom