• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW license

is it just me

• Total voters
I don't have a citation handy, but I remember reading that a Georgia appellate court recently held that the part of our law that says "you have an exemption from all the gun laws in Georgia when you need a gun for self-defense" only applies when you arm yourself upon seeing the need for self-defense, not illegally carrying a gun just in case something happens and you guessed right -- something unexpectedly *did* happen.

1638397365836.jpeg

1638397342409.jpeg

If I’m looking at a meth head in the face, I don’t care if he has a ccw, or an illegal, if I get a feeling like I need to protect myself I’ll leave!

I attended a class from one of the firearms lawyer companies and I believe they said the permit provides a right to retreat if you accidentally enter a place where they screen you and forgot to remove your gun. They talked about it specifically about the airport where you could be arrested for carrying if you go through the metal detector vs just having to go back out. I know the airport instituted a big fine for doing it but it's better than going to court.

I attended a class from one of the firearms lawyer companies and I believe they said the permit provides a right to retreat if you accidentally enter a place where they screen you and forgot to remove your gun. They talked about it specifically about the airport where you could be arrested for carrying if you go through the metal detector vs just having to go back out. I know the airport instituted a big fine for doing it but it's better than going to court.
That would have been a recent change. Last 10 years or so.

I'm on my 5th CWL from Georgia. The main reason I have it is because when buying a gun. Sure, the 4473 has to be filled out but the NICS check is bypassed which saves a few dollars. All of mine were more than paid for with that one benefit.
If you are paying for a background check, you are getting ripped off.

Money wise should be no difference between having a GWL or not when buying a firearm,

If you are paying for a background check, you are getting ripped off.

Money wise should be no difference between having a GWL or not when buying a firearm,
Over the course of several 5 year licenses I've seen plenty of places that charge $5 or whatever. Your experience may vary.

Back
Top Bottom