• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Charlie Elliott quota hunt (and about deer quota hunts in genereal)

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
my son and I have been selected for the deer quota hunt at the end of the month.

Any good area that you would recommend?

Last edited:
UP!
After all I am only asking for your secret spots !!! :D

On another non-secret-spot-related issue, can anybody who have attended a deer quota hunt tell me how it works?
We have done a couple of dove quota hunts but those are quite simple. Meeting for everybody in one place at about 10-11AM with the game warden that gives you some instructions, then the hunt stars at 12 o'clock with the game warden or other people coming from time to time to the fields in order to check that everything was ok (and to bring you some water as well :)).
These hunt at Charlie Elliott is a three days event. I called the number for the game warden today and the lady who answered the phone was kind but not really able to give me any info other than that "there is gong to be somebody at the check in station at daylight".

Pre scout find 2 or 3 areas with sign,(ACORNS) set up stand and be first there opening morning.Afternoon? Ride til you see no vehicles go in and hunt pre scouted areas.You can pre scout the day before or anytime the wma is open.Good luck

Yes thanks. We are probably going there this weekend (and maybe looking for squirrels) but if the check in opens at daylight how do you get to your selected spot ... before daylight. Probably you don't right?

Yes thanks. We are probably going there this weekend (and maybe looking for squirrels) but if the check in opens at daylight how do you get to your selected spot ... before daylight. Probably you don't right?
I check in the day before,camp that night.Sit in my truck til dark the day before the hunt,just so people see someone is there

when i go to Fox lake fishing in the mornings, i ALWAYS see deer cruising around the edge at the very far end of the lake. they always be hanging out over there.

Back
Top Bottom