• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chattanooga Aquarium carry

I've lost so many cheap pocket knives there. It's a crying shame.

That's how I found out they wand you there. :lol: It was a decent pocket knife too :blue:

You cant get them back when you leave? Hell, they even give your blades back at the courthouse as you're leaving up here.

You cant get them back when you leave? Hell, they even give your blades back at the courthouse as you're leaving up here.

Your comment reminded me of something that happened to me a few years ago. Little bit of a long story...I normally have the foresight to know when to leave my firearm in my secret lockbox in my truck. But... knives I just don’t really think of them the same.

So... my pregnant wife (around 8 months) and I took a weekend trip to Nashville. Before we left my wife surprised me with tickets to the Predators game that weekend. I hadn’t been to a hockey game since the trashers left town. So anyways we park and walk what seemed like about a mile to the arena. We get up to the entrance and we get wanded. Oh ****! I have my knife and they found it immediately. The momentary value of this knife didn’t concern me. New ones... well when you could still buy them went for about 150 bucks(15 years ago) But it had a great deal of sentimental value. I had bought this knife for my dad. And after he passed I started to carry it occasionally. Well... I didn’t want to make my very pregnant wife walk back to my truck and then back to the arena. I didn’t want to leave her alone. So within about a minute of wondering what the hell I should do, I decided to give it to one of the police officers close by working security at the game. I walked over to him asked him if he wanted a good knife. He ascertained why. I told him the deal about me forgetting I had it on me and all and that I didn’t want to make my wife walk back to the truck and all. I left out the part about it being my dads knife because my wife didn’t know anything about it and I didn’t want her to feel bad. I mentioned that I used to be a police officer and it would be an honor to give it to him in light of the situation. So he said sure. I took it out and handed it to him. He looked at it and recognized what kind of knife it was immediately. He said no sir I can’t accept this knife. While he said this and before I could say anything else... he had pulled out his pen and his little pocket notepad and wrote his name and number on it. He said I will hold it for you though. He asked for my name and number and said after the game, call me and I’ll meet you wherever you are and give this knife back to you. So yeah it all worked out. And... I don’t carry that particular knife anymore.

If you dont have one yet, get one! Damn....
gator knife.jpg

Update for those coming. (03/18/22) It is posted and coded properly on the signage, however there are no metal detection areas or enforcement, I recommend being fully licensed and concealed and you won't have any problems. Just went for a full tour of both buildings without issue.

Back
Top Bottom