• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cheapest local dealer to pick up a 10/22 with threaded barrel?

WC1911guy

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
Looking to get into the suppressor world now and have decided a 10/22 with the threaded 16.12" barrel (tactical model 1261) is the way to start as a host. Anyone have the low down on the cheapest price around town on a 10/22 tactical model in stock? It's going to be used mostly for target shooting and small game destruction. :)

Or maybe a suggestion for a better rifle host for suppressed .22 without spending $900?

I'm open for a good deal on a used one also but they are pretty cheap new so unless it's a totally bad-ass model or got some goodies with it keep the retail price in mind please.

That Savage looks pretty cool. I may keep that one in mind also. Thanks.

CCGP seems to be the place to go. Probably for the suppressor also.

The design contest 10-22 is a better rifle than the standard 10-22 and congress with a threaded barrel. It will cost about $300 though. Be sure to change out the recoil buffer on the 10-22 to run it suppressed, it really cuts down on the action noise.

The design contest 10-22 is a better rifle than the standard 10-22 and congress with a threaded barrel. It will cost about $300 though. Be sure to change out the recoil buffer on the 10-22 to run it suppressed, it really cuts down on the action noise.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I have no clue on these things. Good tip. Thanks.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I have no clue on these things. Good tip. Thanks.

On a 10-22 the receiver actually smacks a aluminum rod. Normally you don't notice it, but with a can you can hear it clank every shot. For a couple of bucks you replace it with a polymer, or mine is a rubber coated steel pin, that really quiets the action down. With subsonic ammo the action noise and the impact on target overwhelms the bullet noise. It's why some prefer bolt action, quieter.

Back
Top Bottom