• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Check your tires

Hmm; Metzeler's had a bad run years ago, after getting home after a day long hard ride on the scooter I backed the Iron horse in garage. walk over sat on futon behind it Looked at rear tire seen a bubble as big as yours.............I did Thank the man upstairs for binging is home safe.

85 with that you are very lucky. Glad you had no issues. I check the air in my tires a s then do a complete inspection especially my Harley. Don’t need that **** when I have the misses on the back!

I road to Fla on these at 85+ MPH and had no idea. All 4 tires are separating inside the side walls. Cooper has recalled a bunch of these. I got new tires today and am awaiting a refund. Cooper is making it right but figured I’d put it out there.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...lls-tires-due-to-risk-of-sidewall-separation/

View attachment 3304246
I remember driving an AF Chevy Step Van full of electronic equipment coffins stacked to the gills on the Autobahn (equivalent) in Belgium outside of Brussels on the way back to Wiesbaden in the early 70s. I was trying to keep up with this TDY team maniac ahead of me in a 6-pax Dodge who thought he was Mario Andretti..... All of a sudden, the front left wheel started whomping badly and it was all I could do to hold it steady while I let it slow down and pull off (very scary). All the time flashing my lights at that fool ahead....

A one foot by 4" section of the flat tread had just flown off and was gone....just the air inside the tire and a thin layer of something that used to be another tread (the damned thing was a retread - THEY (AF) put damned retreads on my 1 ton Step Van - on the FRONT!). That fool in front of me was doing at least 80 and expected me to keep up with him....

Everyone, read the codes on your tires. Find out what year they were made and Where they were made.

This is the only website I found with a list of all the tire plants.

Complete List of Tire DOT Plant Codes - With All Old and New Plant Codes - Wetherington Law Firm - Top Personal Injury Law Firm in Georgia

zhow-to-read-tire-dot-code.jpg

Back
Top Bottom