What price would YOU pay?

• $800 - $1000

• $1001 - $1200

• $1201 - $1500

• $1501 - $1800

• $1801 - $2000

• $2000+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am not a fan of the gold (don’t like the gold desert eagle either), but to each their own. I was tempted to get the 6” version in the Nebula finish but went with standard stainless instead. I have a black stub nose as well. I am a huge fan of the Rhino.

I think the only reason I like the gold at this point is how elusive it seems to be. The nebula is on my radar too as it also seems fairly difficult to track down.

If you go to Chiappa’s website, it says the finish on that particular revolver is Gold PVD. PVD is tough stuff. If you do a search for the properties of LVD, it will take you to a site like this one: http://www.pvdamerica.com/pvd-process-technology/

Very cool, thank you so much. It's going to be important that I can shoot this gun and clean it up to pass down to my son.

View attachment 2522456

Traditional gun owners hate this gun for obvious reasons. That being said, I appreciate your standard handgun or rifle but I really like the weirdo guns.

My questions are:

Has anyone had their actual eyes on this gun in gold?

If you own one, how is the finish holding up after use and cleaning?

If I do find one, what would be a price I should stay within?

If you don’t own one, would you buy one?

I’ve owned a few in a black barrel and chambered in both .357 and .40 S&W and really enjoyed shooting them. (See below)

I like the idea of the gold anodized finish as an heirloom gun I can pass down but they are hard to find.

I fully expect eye rolls and old man grumbling from these questions about this gun in particular but I’ll take it if their are others that have given this odd revolver a shot.

Thanks y’all,
Ryan

View attachment 2522453
View attachment 2522454 View attachment 2522455
There were two at the gun show in cobb today.A gold and LGBT rainbow colored one in the $800.00 range

There were two at the gun show in cobb today.A gold and LGBT rainbow colored one in the $800.00 range

HAHAHA I’ve seen the Nebula one. Not so much interested in that. Is that show still going on tomorrow? Happen to have any information about the dealer or person selling? I’d buy the gold one for sure.

Initially I was not a fan just on the fact that some of Chiappa's guns are garbage. Some look cool but after sending them back for repair I was not a fan of the company. I like weird stuff as well. The more I handled the Rhino the more I felt I may own one in the future. I was wanting the Nebula as well, One came in the shop and the only reason I didn't buy it was I'm gun poor and saving for a moose hunt. I've never been a great fan of .357 on mainly a hunting cartridge stand point. But in the last year I have probably bought 5-8 357s. If I sold a few I could easily buy the Rhino. But what's the fun of accumulating only to sell? lol If a dealer is selling a Nebula for $800 you need to jump on it because that is below cost and they are an allocated gun and hard for dealers to get.

Initially I was not a fan just on the fact that some of Chiappa's guns are garbage. Some look cool but after sending them back for repair I was not a fan of the company. I like weird stuff as well. The more I handled the Rhino the more I felt I may own one in the future. I was wanting the Nebula as well, One came in the shop and the only reason I didn't buy it was I'm gun poor and saving for a moose hunt. I've never been a great fan of .357 on mainly a hunting cartridge stand point. But in the last year I have probably bought 5-8 357s. If I sold a few I could easily buy the Rhino. But what's the fun of accumulating only to sell? lol If a dealer is selling a Nebula for $800 you need to jump on it because that is below cost and they are an allocated gun and hard for dealers to get.

Thank you very much for the heads up. I’ll be in Marietta and check them out. Fingers crossed they are still available. I definitely miss the pair of Rhinos I owned. I sold most of my collection when we moved from Utah to Georgia. Building it back up and going into hoarding mode LOL.

Back
Top Bottom