• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Chipmunk Trap?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Has anyone found a really effective way to trap chipmunks?

I have been trying a havahart metal cage, and have gotten a couple, but the ones remaining seem to have figured it out.

I have also tried the water and black oil sunflower seed method. Only caught one that way.

What's everyone's favorite method to eradicate these little bastards-with extreme prejudice?

-Thx

I've had good luck with these...used peanut butter in them...

Whatever they are feeding on is what you need to put in the trap. My wife thought they were cute when she first moved up north and by the time I caught most of them I had 54 on my best season. A medium Havahart is better than a small one and only have 1 door open and put the bait to the back

Has anyone found a really effective way to trap chipmunks?

I have been trying a havahart metal cage, and have gotten a couple, but the ones remaining seem to have figured it out.

I have also tried the water and black oil sunflower seed method. Only caught one that way.

What's everyone's favorite method to eradicate these little bastards-with extreme prejudice?

-Thx
Previous location was covered up in squirrels and chipmunks.
Had one of the small Havahart traps, had to heavily modify it, but it became very effective.
First, had to wrap the three open sides in 1/2’’ hardware cloth. Little ****s could squeeze through the bars to escape.
Next, disabled one of the end doors, tied it open, and covered end in hardware cloth, so it looked open.
Placed small bowl of sunflower seeds or peanut butter near the covered end so the chipmunks had to cross the trip tray to get to them from the open end.
I was already retired and home so I could keep resetting, sometimes 6-8 customers on a good day.
”relocated” more than 100 squirrels and 50 chipmunks over a three year period once I got it perfected.
Left it with the house when we moved. New location is light on squirrels, and 0 chipmunks (hope I didn’t jinx it by saying that out loud).

Chipmunks are the devil. My wife asked why I love the squirrels and hate the Chipmunks.
Squirrels never been disrespectful enough to **** with my cars.

On topic, actually had very good success with the bucket and seeds. Trial and error, scaled it back to one bucket-trap that I moved about another 10-15feet around the house after every "victory".

I’d say BB gun but then u gotta deal with carcasses. Maybe a dog ? Cat ? I don’t have a problem with them. There isn’t that much that comes around with my mooches here. (one each….dog and cat)

Guaranteed chipmunk disposal system.
and here I am watching three of them scurry around the yard, what havoc do they cause? I've never had issues with them so I'm clueless about what problems they cause.
20230508_125121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom