• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Christmas gift to myself

leechnilk1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Walker Razor Slims, I normally use Howard Light but I do have a few buddies that used the Walkers. Anyway, they've come out with a Motorola Walkabout type walkie talkie system that plugs into the audio port and snaps onto the side of the cup. It's not a bad idea, and it's only $40 for the radio. I decided to give it a go and talked a few guys into it as well. It's not great and I know there are a lot better ways to have team comms, but if you're already using ear pro, $40 bucks to talk to each other ain't too shabby.

It's got 22 channels and 99 sub-channels. Hands-Free and Push to Talk. The hands free is cool but it can get windy. There is a LO Mode that cuts a lot of the wind out. The other issue with the hands-free is a slight delay before the mic kicks on. It's best to count down before speaking. 3...2...1..."anymore beer"? etc. The push to talk works great right out of the box.

I did some testing yesterday and my buddy and I were loud and clear out to 500 yards with many large buildings between us. I was concerned about them being top heavy and quick to shake off, but was glad to see that was not an issue. I was able to be very active without any problems.

Anyway, there's that. Merry Christmas

20191228_153220.jpg

I picked up a pair of Walker Razor Slims, I normally use Howard Light but I do have a few buddies that used the Walkers. Anyway, they've come out with a Motorola Walkabout type walkie talkie system that plugs into the audio port and snaps onto the side of the cup. It's not a bad idea, and it's only $40 for the radio. I decided to give it a go and talked a few guys into it as well. It's not great and I know there are a lot better ways to have team comms, but if you're already using ear pro, $40 bucks to talk to each other ain't too shabby.

It's got 22 channels and 99 sub-channels. Hands-Free and Push to Talk. The hands free is cool but it can get windy. There is a LO Mode that cuts a lot of the wind out. The other issue with the hands-free is a slight delay before the mic kicks on. It's best to count down before speaking. 3...2...1..."anymore beer"? etc. The push to talk works great right out of the box.

I did some testing yesterday and my buddy and I were loud and clear out to 500 yards with many large buildings between us. I was concerned about them being top heavy and quick to shake off, but was glad to see that was not an issue. I was able to be very active without any problems.

Anyway, there's that. Merry Christmas

View attachment 2422992
Glad im not the only one to get the headset as well. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom