• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cigar smokers: What are you smoking currently?

I still have not had a true Cuban cigar, one day.

Fyi guys total wine is doing 15% off if you buy 6 cigars or more. Today is the last day
I had 2 boxes when I was stationed at Prince Sultan Air Base Saudi Arabia, Real Cubans were sold there at the Base Exchange! Best Cigars I ever had in my life!

farm4.static.flickr.com_3079_3120014213_cfc6900659.jpg
Partagas 1845 and Paddy.

I worked 20 years for as a manufacturer rep for a cigar and tobacco company. Florida has zero cigar tax. Georgia cigar tax 23%. I cannot verify this story. I was told a person was audited for buying on line and had to pay taxes on 2 years of sales.

Smoking a fine cigar is really relaxing. I was in the Bahamas 2006 for a sales meeting. I was offered a Cuban for 12.00 from a store next to the hotel. My buddy said I'll give you 12.00 for 4 cigars and the store owner can keep the Cuban rings. We got 4 for 16.00 without the rings. They were most likely Nicaraguan. Good if you like dark pepper and spice.

^^^ Very true. So-called 'Cubans' rarely are, even in places they are perfectly legal in.

That's one reason I would never buy them from someone here in the States, since by definition they are either fake or illegal. A friend goes to Belgium on business every 6 months or so, and the ones he sneaks back in from there are legit Cubans, but that's like 2 cigars a year I get from his stash.

I've also heard a lot of makers say in interviews that anyone worth his salt left Cuba when Castro took over anyway, but that sounds a lot like sour grapes.

Back
Top Bottom