Citys Forming?

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
I have seen lately several areas trying to form new citys. I saw on the news the other day where the new city of brookhaven is already talking about raising taxes and I'm not sure how much in the way of services they even provide.
Do people really think more politicians and red tape are going to make things better? I have yet to see government shrink or cost less.
Thoughts?

kasim-reed-capitol11.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I cant remeber which city or county, but one trying to become independent was once consumed as a favor or bailout since it couldn't pay its own debts, and now it wants back out.

Was it Milton?

The cities are tired of paying high taxes to fund another part of their district and not getting any of their own money.

x2 one place pays the taxes then a area north of them get mostly all the the money, and people are waking up to the problem and wanting to break away

View attachment 203706

- - - Updated - - -

Was it Milton?

Yea I think so

- - - Updated - - -

x2 one place pays the taxes then a area north of them get mostly all the the money, and people are waking up to the problem and wanting to break away

One could argue that it should be solved by zoning and placing low income housing in less concentrated areas. But honestly an overly diverse(meaning different types of land and housing) can cause huge problems because the city as a unit cannot act as a unit serving competing interests and on that basis one could argue both areas deserve to split from each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom