• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Clean your firearms!!

GunNfun

Default rank <750 posts Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Wait...wut?
68   0
Reaction score
Get’em all out and clean them to the tiniest detail. We all put it off. Strip them and take time to get them ready for summer shooting. Get the cooper out with a good cleanser. Be careful with the ammonia types. Follow their directions if you use them.

change your batteries in the lights and red dots

clean the glass on scopes

go through range bag. Take inventory of your supplies. Order more to keep the economy going.

Shotguns- take the chokes out. Clean them with choke cleaner or Ed’s Red. Relube-lightly. Clean the barrels and polish with JB paste and Kroil.
Just ideas for this down time at home.
As always make sure the gun is empty and the kids are cautious around you if not out of sight.

Why do you sell a dirty gun! It hurts the value in the face to face part!! Clean gun shows it was taken care of and treated well. It shows any issues would problem be repaired. A dirty gun is a pig in the poke. I’ve paid less to a seller because I couldn’t tell the real condition.

I’ve been sitting at home and getting paid for the past two weeks. My firearms are currently the cleanest they have ever been.

I am on a week on, week off schedule. Salaried so whatever for pay. My rifles and pistols are cleaned, optics mounted, leveled, and torqued to the correct spec, ammo sorted and stored, mags loaded. I didnt do this to be prepared...I did it because I am bored and my wife isnt letting me shoot bc of this social distancing bs.

I am on a week on, week off schedule. Salaried so whatever for pay. My rifles and pistols are cleaned, optics mounted, leveled, and torqued to the correct spec, ammo sorted and stored, mags loaded. I didnt do this to be prepared...I did it because I am bored and my wife isnt letting me shoot bc of this social distancing bs.
Meh, I'm still hitting up the range sunday (outdoor). And again Friday. And ony other chance I get.

Back
Top Bottom