Cleaning Stainless

DEADPOOL

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
11   0
Reaction score
Its my first SS and im Trying to figure out how to remove these blemishes from this 38 SS ??

i60.tinypic.com_25txgxz.jpg

Mother's Chrome Wheel Polish works very well!
I use it with my Dremel (Bullet Shaped Pad) to get into those tight places and to quickly remove
powder residue on the face of SS cylinders .... take it slow and easy
and do not use it on Nickel Plated finishes.

BTW: The only "Scotch Brite"' type pad I ever use are the ones specifically designed for
pans with Teflon Coatings!!! The others are simply way toooo abrasive! The
Small pieces of the Teflon type can also be used to scrub lead fouling from your bores.

Parting Remark: Many assume that stainless steel doesn't rust ... in fact it will rust (and pit), just much slower than
other finishes. Keep a light coating of CLP on all of your firearms!

Last edited:
Mothers.

Then if you want to kick it up a notch, use Flitz. Flitz will get it shiny. Just take your time. Some like to use cotton t-shirts and some like to use microfiber cloths.

You can use one of the "lead-away" cloths on the front of the cylinder to remove the carbon marks but I wouldn't use it on any of your blue or nickel guns; it's way too abrasive.

Attachments

• 41pkj54G1EL.jpg
    41pkj54G1EL.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 73
A scotch brite will remove metal and leave fine scratches. They are pretty darn aggressive, I have even used them to clean up a stainless barrel crown with a nasty ding. They have their place in my abrasives kit along with stainless scrubbers and sandpaper but may be a little much in this case.
Flitz would be a much better option from the pics you posted.

Back
Top Bottom