• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning a ARC22 suppressor

I have a large and a small ultrasonic tank. I ran this can in the small tank.

Before I ran the can, I had fresh, clean water and solution. Below is a pic of the debris that came out of the can. This doesn’t include what came out when I flushed, rinsed, and blew out the can after it came out of the tank.

IMG_1969.jpeg

Had an LE trade-in Remington 870 Police I was refurbishing. The buttpad on the SpeedFeed stock was covered in some sort of sticky mess.

Threw it in the same tank/same solution I cleaned the ARC-22 can in. 170 degrees at 30 minutes. Good as new.

IMG_2130.jpeg

More proof of how well proper ultrasonic cleaning works on aluminum and plastic items, without causing damage.

An older (112 prefix) Ruger 10/22 receiver. Typical of most .22's, when it was brought to me it was full of lead and powder residue.

The complete barreled action when it my large ultrasonic tank. All the small parts (trigger pack, bolt, guide rod with spring, magazine, etc.) went into my small tank.

Both tanks heat to approximately 170 degrees F, both are ultrasonic, both used the same formula of 1:5 Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner : tap water, and both ran for 30 minutes.

One would assume that the grade of aluminum and anodizing that Ruger uses in the 10/22 isn't the full milspec grade 7075-T6 aluminum and milspec anodizing (MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2, Hard Anodic Coating, Flat Black Dye, Non-Reflective, NiAc Seal) that are used most of the AR receivers that I tank in the shop. I would assume that the combo Ruger uses is of a less expensive, more fragile sort.

Here's some of the parts after being run through the tanks, rinsed in hot water, blown dry, and submerged in a lubricant/rust inhibitor. The receiver, the magazine, and the trigger pack. Notice that it did not damage or remove the red paint marking on the safety.

Best of all, every speck of lead and powder residue was completely removed.

IMG_2250.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom