CLEO sign off

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
so for those of us who have relied on trusts...and the proposed rule change coming in a few days regarding sign offs...I have a few questions:
do you have to get a sign off for each item you purchase? Or is there a form you can fill out to get a single one time sign off on an NFA trust? also does anybody know any gun friendly law enforcement Chiefs or State judges in Dekalb?

As I understand it the rules will apply just as they do to those without trusts. CLEO sign off each time. Fingerprint cards for all trustees. Who knows though, will have to wait and see. It's a big waiting game to be sure. Just hope applications already pending don't get kicked back After the fact

Assumed it will start on a certain date. To go back and mail the thousands in pending won't work. No one knows fa sho. The wording for trusts is responsible individuals. No one knows who that is yet either. If it happens there will be court battles ahead. Buy now and let the muck settle

There is no guarantee they will just start it a few days. The end of comment period doesn't mean immediate action. This isn't the first time it has been through comment period.

Is this going to be retroactive or just for future purchases?

No one has any idea, not even the ATF I think. Again this wont just show up right away since the end of comments just means they can go back and make more changes again.

As it is currently slated it would also kill the eforms that the ATF has been attempting to cross over too, I think this proposal is still in its infancy.

This proposal is not just going to go active the day after the comments period, and it can and probably will change. Plus based on the final changes (if any), lawsuits by interested parties may be filed, or there is the possibility of state legislative changes. Bottomline is if the rules change to the current proposal, there will be some people who will no longer be able to buy NFA items. I do not see how this would stand in places like GA. I believe TN has a must sign requirement for NFA items, unless there is a valid reason not to, so maybe that is something we could put in place in GA if the changes actually go through. But on the other hand we can't even pass the right to hunt in GA with a suppressor so who knows???

Still too many unknowns...

Back
Top Bottom