• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP getting 99,000 more Garands

They shoot a might bit softer... and from all the tests I have done... Are more accurate in .308... And some people don't want the hassle of another caliber in their arsenal...
And it was done in the 1960's... by the US Govt. and your taxpayer dollars, worked just fine then... and much more accurate barrels are available now...

They shoot a might bit softer... and from all the tests I have done... Are more accurate in .308... And some people don't want the hassle of another caliber in their arsenal...
And it was done in the 1960's... by the US Govt. and your taxpayer dollars, worked just fine then... and much more accurate barrels are available now...
Reasonable enough answer. To me, the softer shooting is not a big deal. the Garand already shoots pretty softly (to me). As far as the accuracy goes. It is important but we are comparing the difference in a pie plate and a soup can at a few hundred yards. Doesn't seem like a big difference. Keeping another caliber also makes sense to me as an issue. I guess that thought never occurred because I've always had plenty of 30-06 ammo (and guns). I only recently (within a couple of months) got my first .308 and honestly, I haven't even shot it yet.
So, thanks for your response. It added valuable insight for me.

How much was the other ones they sold? I've been thinking about picking one up.

cmshoot cmshoot

I bought mine 15 years ago, can’t remember what I paid. It was between $500-$600.

Don’t know about pie plates and soup cans, with decent ammo mine is a 2MOA gun at 100yds, prone with a loop sling. Totally stock.

Back
Top Bottom