• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CMP Match in Rome Ga

Great opportunity for young Shooters and a great Club!

I second this. Young shooters, old shooters, new shooter. It's very laid back. The targets are large. You will learn a great deal just doing it, seeing others technique, and asking questions.

Got to attend the CMP Shoot @ the Floyd County Wildlife Club, and it was really cool! May start shooting in them myself!
Great bunch of Guys! IMG_0941[1].JPG IMG_0920[2].JPG IMG_0931[1].JPG

I've got a few questions about the matches . Is it limited to older military rifles (garands ,M1's military style rifles ) ? Can I use my savage 10 bolt action, ar-15 or is any type of firearm allowed ? What calibers do most people use ? How is the match scored ?
It sounds like a Lot of fun. I would show up and watch on Apr. 284th but I plan on going to the appleseed training in Summerville that weekend.

I've got a few questions about the matches . Is it limited to older military rifles (garands ,M1's military style rifles ) ? Can I use my savage 10 bolt action, ar-15 or is any type of firearm allowed ? What calibers do most people use ? How is the match scored ?
It sounds like a Lot of fun. I would show up and watch on Apr. 284th but I plan on going to the appleseed training in Summerville that weekend.

I know there was an M1, in 30 Cal., and another in 308. The rest were Ar15’s. Hopefully someone with more experience can answer your other questions.

We basically have 4 match classes.
M1 Garand. Which is as issued.
Springfield . Which is M1903 and M1903a3 as issued.
Vintage. Which is any WW1-WW2 battle rifles such as M1917, German Mausers, British .303, Swiss K31s etc. all have to be as issued.
Modern Millitary
M14/M1A as issued
AK 47 as issued
AR 15
The AR15 is limited to a barrel no longer than 20” and maximum power 4.5 optics or iron sights. The weight limit is 8.5 lbs.
If you want to shoot an AR15 NM you can but it will be out of compitition which means the scores will not be sent to the CMP.

We basically have 4 match classes.
M1 Garand. Which is as issued.
Springfield . Which is M1903 and M1903a3 as issued.
Vintage. Which is any WW1-WW2 battle rifles such as M1917, German Mausers, British .303, Swiss K31s etc. all have to be as issued.
Modern Millitary
M14/M1A as issued
AK 47 as issued
AR 15
The AR15 is limited to a barrel no longer than 20” and maximum power 4.5 optics or iron sights. The weight limit is 8.5 lbs.
If you want to shoot an AR15 NM you can but it will be out of compitition which means the scores will not be sent to the CMP.

That's cool I did not know you could campaign the M14! I have not shot mine in competition yet!

That's cool I did not know you could campaign the M14! I have not shot mine in competition yet!
Yep...And no matter how well you shoot you will have the best looking rifle on the line.
River Bend Gun Club also has 2 M1A matches a year that are a lot of fun to shoot.its a 200 yard match. Oak Ridge has 2 300 yard matches to practice for the M1A Springfield Match at Camp Perry.

Back
Top Bottom