• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

colt king cobra 357 value

leetheman81

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
165   0
Reaction score
Have an opportunity to get a colt snake gun I've always wanted and have a few questions about the value and want some of you guys to give me some input on it. It's a king cobra in 357 supposedly never fired but it's missing the box/documents and original grips. How much is the value decreased without these originals and what would you guys estimate it's value at? Will try to get more pictures. Right now this is the only one I've got. Thanks for any input yall can give me IMG_464316909122196.jpg

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it

About the only kind of revolvers I deal in is Colt Snake Guns, If it were me I would say the gun is worth between 800-1000 dollars without the original box and paperwork. I've sold several for 1100 with box and paperwork

Don't know if this is relevant or not, but if a drag ring is present on the cylinder then the gun most likely has been fired. If someone is trying to pass it off to you as unfired your bu!!$h1t detector should go up immediately. Looks like a very nice condition Colt. I see a faint drag ring though. Be very aware when someone says 'unfired'. You could be paying out more than you should. It's like the poster above said though, ' it's worth what you're willing to pay out'.

Blue Book of gun values. If you have a friendly gun store...

Sadly the blue book has not been able to keep up with the price values of Colt Snake guns in the past few years. Blue book would put the gun a few hundred dollars lower than what it would sell for

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it

About the only kind of revolvers I deal in is Colt Snake Guns, If it were me I would say the gun is worth between 800-1000 dollars without the original box and paperwork. I've sold several for 1100 with box and paperwork

I agree. You'll never be able to find the "original" box, but a collector would expect you to find exact replacement grips that were made in the correct period. You'll pay a couple hundred just for the stocks.
The box might have added another 10% to the gun's value if you had it, and if it were in good condition. So deduct about $100 for no box. That's $300 less than what others would sell for with the box and papers and original grips.

P.S. I'm not a collector, and I won't own a gun that I'm afraid to shoot. I'm just going by the prices I see other people asking and offering online and at gun shows and pawn shops and gun stores.

Back
Top Bottom