• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Colt Python/Anaconda

KalezYeah

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Colt snake series guns are amazing but I also feel like since rick carries one on the walking dead it has made them more popular now and helped with the price of them

Python prices have been crazy since well before the walking dead...my uncles been looking for one for like 7 years...he won't spend over $1800, pretty much told him he's not getting one in the condition he's looking for.

This guy I work with said he bought an anaconda back in the 90's for 400$ and now they are going for 3k+

There is a lot that goes into the pricing of these guns. I have an anaconda for sale for $1800, so if they are all up over 3K+ then i guess mine would be a great buy?

you can still get pythons for under 1800... just not in great condition at all

I have seen people putting their anacondas on here up for 2.5-3k

again a lot goes into the pricing of these guns and there is separation

a 4" barrel typically brings more money then the 6" or 8"

did you know colt actually made a few anaconda in a 5" barrel? these bring over 5K

the anaconda's bringing around 3K are "PDT" anacondas which have numbers matching boxes that indicate that the gun was ported, drilled, and tapped from the factory. Lionheart has one of those for sale right now on here

Also please know that colt NEVER made a bright stainless anaconda. They did however make a special edition run of only 1000 anacondas that are stamped "first edition" on the barrel. These were the ONLY ones done in a bright stainless finish, had wood grips, and came with a metal lock case. These bring around 6K

again, a lot goes into the pricing of these guns.

I really dont understand revolvers and shotguns that bring big money. Hell shotguns have a smooth bore and revolvers only have 5-6 shots. It seems like the more simple the gun the more money it brings.

To each his own I guess. I spend big money on old surplus guns that most think are crap.

Back
Top Bottom