• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Competition belt setup?

What's wrong with a Fobus belt paddle holster (no retention, just a tight fit), and a Fobus double mag pouch? Or two of them, if you want to have 4 magazines stowed on your belt?

That's what I did. Bought them at Academy sports for $23 per item.

Do you do like a thigh holster?
Yes we do.
20160510_095643-01_wm.jpg

I run all blade-tech. Their 2 piece competition belt, 2 pistol mag holsters, 2 AR mag holsters a blade-tech gun holster with DOH bracket and 2 Tac com 8S4 shot shell caddies. All connected with Techlok. This setup works great for me and all together about $225 into everything. Bought everything from amazon prime, except the Taccom. Got those directly from their site.

All you need is a good wide belt, a holster you can fast draw from, I use a
Gunbelt.jpg
Houge and 2 double mag pouches that run about $20 each, the Houge holster runs about $100, and the thigh rig is more for 3 gun competition that Pistol matches.
simple & don't waste $ on pretty colored stuff it might look good but that old saying , "it isn't how good you shoot that counts, it's how good you shoot" is pure BS.
My whole setup was less that some IPSC shooters pay for their mag holders.(Not knocking IPSC shooters, I is one myself, just old school)

For Single Stack USPSA, I ran a CR Speed belt, a Blade Tech holster, and 5 CompTac kydex single mag pouches.

Nuttin' fancy, but good enough to make GM with it.

I replaced the mag tension screws with thumb screws. If it was a run n' gun stage I snugged them down a little. If it was a stand-and-deliver stage, I loosened them until all retention was gone.

Here is my blade tech setup. Can easily change the config between stages with the Techlok brackets. I also used an upside down DOH bracket to position my shot shell caddies to a better angle.
20161014_193621.jpg
20161014_193703.jpg

Run what you have your not going to win anyway. Don't be a gear queer. Watch what other people are running and then buy quality stuff. I normally shoot IDPA and just use my service stuff for USPSA or 3 gun matches. Unless it's junk gear is so much less important than skilll, with decent gear of any type. I'd spend any money on a PAC timer and dummy/live rounds to practice.

Back
Top Bottom