Compound or Cross Bow

bigrock44

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
I have a compund and a cross bow that I hunt with. I have pretty much set them up the way they work best for me. But now that I my 13 year old son want to go hunting with me I have been thinking about letting him practice with one of the bows, before I but him a bow. the issue is I just havent figured out which one will be easier for him to grasp. Has anyone ever trained their kids with either bow and what did you find to be the hardest part of teaching your kids.

Honestly...I would search out a compound bow that fits him. Beginner's setups are not that expensive...and I would think it would make it easier from him to learn.

Crossbows are easier...but then again, I don't think you can hunt archery season with a crossbow...

Honestly...I would search out a compound bow that fits him. Beginner's setups are not that expensive...and I would think it would make it easier from him to learn.

Crossbows are easier...but then again, I don't think you can hunt archery season with a crossbow...

Crossbows have been legal since 2003. Start him out with a recurve or compund bow.

Back
Top Bottom