• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Compulsory Military Service ....

Who pays? What happens to freedom of choice if adults are mandated into service? What happens to freedom when those who had no desire to serve are forced to? What happens to the respect given to volunteers when everyone is voluntold? It isn't a sacrifice if someone else makes the choice for you.

As someone who served, I can say was all honesty that I served with some of the best people I've ever known. However, if it was compulsory military service then you would get a lot of people who are there out of necessity. If there is no overseas deployment peacekeeping, war, etcetera then all you have is a very large government scared straight program. I'm not sure I believe it's the government responsibility to instill patriotism or good values. I had those before enlisting. With that being said I wouldn't wanna be in the sandbox or the rockpile, have someone shooting at me, and have someone there with me who wasn't there for the right reasons.
First sergeant told us one time that's less than 3 percent of the u s population served in the military. I take pride in the fact that I did and was not made to.

I agree, I need people how are willing to cover my back, because they wanted too not because they have to.

Back
Top Bottom