• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Concealed Carry at Phillips Arena

BLBULLET

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
86   0
Reaction score
The family and I are going to Disney on Ice this upcoming weekend and I would just like to know from those with experience how they are on security specifically with concealed carry? Do they use metal detectors, check bags, etc..? Thanks guys

I've never done this...really, but I goto public events all the time with metal detectors and wands, they don't seem to be that thorough. I wonder if people get through those with a gun anyway despite the detectors.

On their website:
Philips Arena does not permit the following items into the arena:
  • Weapons (guns, knives, pepper spray, mace, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, etc.)
  • Backpacks or large bags
  • Outside food or beverages
  • Air horns, electric noise makers or vuvuzelas
  • Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
  • Fireworks
  • Silly string or projectiles
  • Laser light pointers
  • Professional cameras, audio and video recording devices (camera policy subject to change based on event/artist)
I know a guy who cruised through the metal detectors at Phillips with a small NAA in an ankle holster without issue.

Anyone know the law irrespective of Phillips website announcement which does not necessarily mean it is illegal just cause they say they don't want it? Much like a restaurant.

I think it boils down to the ownership of the venue being partially private and what the building is used for.

I've been to Disney on Ice several times (taken by force against my will by the wife and tater tots). I've never seen metal detectors at the doors but they do have bag checkers in line. They spotted my Leatherman clip on the outside of my pocket and made me go back to my car to leave it there but completely missed the j-clips of my Crossbreed IWB holster -- both times. So if you properly conceal you'll probably be fine. But yeah, ask yourself if it's worth being *that guy* that causes problems for your family in line and/or misses the show if you get caught. That said, my personal philosophy is still don't give money to people who want to deny you your rights.

We saw Phineas and Ferb on ice several years back and they were wanding and checking bags. As a matter of fact I asked the officer outside if I can bring a gun in and she said "oh heck naw". She said not allowed. I slipped my Spyderco down in my pocket when I got to the check table and after going through all my stroller and diaper bag etc. they just let us all go through. The place was crawling with LEO so that was a comfort if something were to kick off.

Big metal, telescoping key chain that loops to your belt.
Underneath a very, small concealed pistol.
When wanded the blob of keys show up and is usually good enough for the bubblegum chewing millennial on the other side of the wand.

Israeli friend of mine uses this trick he learned while serving in the Israeli army.

A thorough guard will insist you
Remove the belt and key chain then recheck but most don't want to bother especially if you have a Couple buddies behind you acting impatient and wanting the line to move quicker.
This added stress can help you get waived through quicker.

A lot of BS to go through but inquiring minds wanted to know.

Back
Top Bottom