• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Concealed Carry in the Workplace

DreadPirate

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
I just received a copy of the new Employee Handbook from my employer. All I have to say is that I love where I work. Section 16 reads as follows:

16. Concealed Weapons Policy
[Company Name Removed] believes the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution is an inalienable right of our employees. Therefore, employees who have the legal ability to carry a concealed weapon upon their person may do so within [Company Name Removed] facilities. [Company Name Removed] requests that the Facility Security Officer be informed if the employee intends to invoke this right so a copy of the Concealed Weapon Permit may be placed on file. Visitors to our facility will only be permitted to carry if permission is granted by [Company Name Removed] Management prior to their arrival.

I removed the name of the company because I do classified work for a defense contractor (not in the state of Georgia) and cannot post company-identifiable material without permission from management.

Is your workplace concealed-carry friendly?

Are you guys hiring? LOL!

My workplace has more guns in it than some small FFLs but I work from home so I digress. LOL! Actually I work for a hospital and I was trying to look through the handbook to see if I could carry in the actual building but it isn't addressed. I leave my gun in the glovebox locked if I go into the office.

It's looks like the company I'm with is okay with it outside of the production facilities.

Under Employee Conduct in the handbook (or things you can get fired for):

Bringing firearms or any illegal weapon, as determined by law enforcement regulations, on Company premises or the unlawful carrying of firearms on Company business at any times.

It's an instant fireable offense if I'm caught with a firearm on the property. I can see somewhat why, but anyone with a license to carry should have an attitude that the gun is not used in personal disputes... And being in retail I would be a little more comfortable.

IF I owned guns, one of mine would ALWAYS be with me, work, home, church, car, boat, walking, sitting, standing, sleeping, sex, toilet. You better hope you caught me in the shower. As far as work, "its against an unwritten company policy, they verbally addressed it" But quite frankly I dont give a ahem "care". My job is dangerous and I get ex employees that threaten me weekly. Probably the most dangerous time for me is the walk from my office to the car after work. Gotta be prepared for the wacko's, ahem...excuse me,( that wasnt very politically correct) "the mentally unstable disgruntled firearm equipped ex -employees"

Walk softly and carry an effective STICK people. You cant say "oh TIMEOUT! I gotta run to my glovebox", or "can you wait here, while I run home to my safe." Get an S&W Airweight 38 spec bodyguard, theyre pretty cheap on ODT and they come with a lazer so even someone in a hurry and distressed situatuion could perform tight groups. Put 4 Hornady HP's in her (leaving the barrels' wheel slot empty so no accidental misfires, just got to remember to pull the trigger twice) and you are good to go. The handle is small and the girth is thin. It fits right in your front pocket very unnoticeably. Dependable wheel gun that never jams. (if I owned a gun, which I dont, thats probably what I would do)
Stay safe, stay prepared friends.

Last edited:
IF I owned guns, one of mine would ALWAYS be with me, work, home, church, car, boat, walking, sitting, standing, sleeping, sex, toilet. You better hope you caught me in the shower. As far as work, "its against an unwritten company policy, they verbally addressed it" But quite franklly I dont give care, my job is dangerous and get ex employees that threaten me weekly. Probably the most dangerous time for me is the walk from my office to the car after work. Gotta be prepared for the wacko's, ahem...excuse me,( that wasnt very politically correct) "the mentally unstable disgruntled firearm equipped ex -employees"

Walk softly and carry a BIG STICK people. You cant say "oh TIMEOUT! I gotta run to my glovebox", or "can you wait here, while I run home to my safe." Get an S&W Airweight 38 spec bodyguard, theyre pretty cheap on ODT and they come with a lazer so even Ray Charles could perform tight groups. Put 4 Hornady HP's in her (leaving the barrels' wheel slot empty so no accidental misfires) and you are good to go. It fits right in your front pocket very unnoticeably. (if I owned a gun, which I dont, thats probably what I would do)
Stay safe, stay prepared friends.

Got that covered LOL

P1270182.jpg

I+m+pretty+sure+I+m+prepared+_0f1a2dae9a1fda6ea5d19797e2ad4a79.jpg

Back
Top Bottom