Copart

Tex06

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
Anyone used this website? I'd like to place a bid on a wrecked truck but I'm not familiar with the rules & regs of this particular site, or if it's all it's cracked up to be.

-Yeah, I read the website FAQ's, etc.... I'm more looking for someone with experience here and less for those of you to C&P a link.

That's fine I can deal with a flooded vehicle. I'm going to be tearing whatever I buy down for parts anyway. Noone has used them before?

I have bought 3 Ford Excursions from Copart. I bought through a used car dealer so I don't have an account with them. There is a non-trivial sales charge added to the winning bid of about 10%. Keep that in mind when you are bidding.

Here is a picture of the last one.
14436912_1X.JPG

So did the dealership bid on them for you? I figured there was some sort of "auction fee" tacked on to the end.
Yes the dealer bid on them but did not mark it up. I went to Dallas, TX and got it. My "Dealer" is a guy that builds wrecked cars and he knew he would get the rebuild business

If you are the winning bidder, you will have about 3 days to pay for it and about a week to get it off of their lot.

A few years back I bought a car from them, so things may have changed since then, but, at the time you had to have a dealer license to buy from them. Also, at the time, the cars they were dealing with were cars the insurance company had bought from their insured due to wrecks, flooding, etc.

Back
Top Bottom