• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What’s going on in China and what’s happening everywhere else doesn’t add up. You expect China to under report yet it looks like once the virus gets out of China it’s less harmful.

We’ve all had our tinfoil hats tuned into how bad this thing is and how much China is hiding. Change stations for a minute with me. Why would China over exaggerate and blow this thing out of proportion? What do they gain?

I don't think they're over exaggerating. I think they're under reporting, and the number is much higher. And I think it's a combination of two things: 1. terrible healthcare system. 2. they don't care about their people.

That's why I was always paying to attention to what happened outside of their country to determine when and if I need to panic. I still think the jury is still out on that one.

And regarding the weaponized aspect of this story, I think if we see it doing more damage in Asian countries than the rest of the world, then that might actually be a possibility. I am still keeping an eye on Africa. There are a ton of Chinese in Africa these days.

I debated moving to the safe zone with my 401k.

I moved all investments into the "safe zone". Everyone I've talked to in the hardware space is saying April now at the earliest before things get moving in China again, and now with people in China being reinfected, who knows how this will play out.

We're looking at a large part of China being shut down for a 1 - 2 months and possibly more. We could have an economic tsunami headed our way so I don't mind being wrong for a few months if it doesn't happen.

What’s going on in China and what’s happening everywhere else doesn’t add up. You expect China to under report yet it looks like once the virus gets out of China it’s less harmful.

We’ve all had our tinfoil hats tuned into how bad this thing is and how much China is hiding. Change stations for a minute with me. Why would China over exaggerate and blow this thing out of proportion? What do they gain?

Chinese leadership watched the movie Logan's Run.

They realized with limited resources they could only sustain their population for so long and they depended HEAVILY on food imports.

They couldn't figure out how to incorporate the "Carousel" into regular Chinese society so they turned to their bio weapons scientists for the next best thing.

They tailored a virus to target Asian old people. Then released it on their population.

Once it runs its course they won't be as reliant on foreign countries for food (kind of like our "energy independence") and they can continue on with their plan for world domination.

Workers in their factories won't be worrying about mom & pop at home to take care of and they will go about their merry way.

Chinese leadership watched the movie Logan's Run.

They realized with limited resources they could only sustain their population for so long and they depended HEAVILY on food imports.

They couldn't figure out how to incorporate the "Carousel" into regular Chinese society so they turned to their bio weapons scientists for the next best thing.

They tailored a virus to target Asian old people. Then released it on their population.

Once it runs its course they won't be as reliant on foreign countries for food (kind of like our "energy independence") and they can continue on with their plan for world domination.

Workers in their factories won't be worrying about mom & pop at home to take care of and they will go about their merry way.

When the hardest hit are the old and infirm, and they are the ones being re-infected if they survive the first infection, this would explain a lot about this event.

Heck, Bill Gates has been saying the world population needs to shrink by a bunch.

I moved all investments into the "safe zone". Everyone I've talked to in the hardware space is saying April now at the earliest before things get moving in China again, and now with people in China being reinfected, who knows how this will play out.

We're looking at a large part of China being shut down for a 1 - 2 months and possibly more. We could have an economic tsunami headed our way so I don't mind being wrong for a few months if it doesn't happen.

I did the same thing. Markets have been good but when the truth (I don’t think they’re telling the whole story) gets out about the extent and seriousness of this the markets are gonna nose dive especially stocks relying on importing and exporting Asian market goods. Rather play it safe for a few months than get caught on a downhill avalanche.

Back
Top Bottom