Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Supply chain to grocery stores is not keeping up with demand, as per my conversation with my local store manager today.

Most of the hold atm is distribution centers I think. Truckers can't get in to unload. I'm hearing some guys are waiting 16-24hrs past there assigned time slot to get into a dock and get unloaded. Food is there is just hard to get it all to the right places timely. It will pass.

Most fast food places are allowing truckers to walk up to drive thru. Many will also allow you to call and they will walk/or bring to you, some for free. Most places know we need to eat and are helpful.

Not many fast food places with truck parking
Some states have closed their rest areas so the trucker have no where to park .

My son is leaving out Sunday night , with an overweight , over width load his dispatcher said to load his cooler and take enough food for the five day trip.

That's very true and my guys are dealing with that to unfortunately. They pull large trailers with equipment on them between job sites so pulling thru a drive thru isn't really an option. Pretty sad the ones trying to help keep this country together and going cant even sit down and enjoy a hot meal

It's worse than that. Can't even take the 1/2 hour break in a private parking lot after dropping of a delivery...

@ColonialPolice
is this how you treat truckers who are working their butt's off to fill the shelves?! This driver made his delivery to Giant Food Store in PA, he had to take his mandatory 1/2 hr break, cop gave him a ticket for being in the parking lot....shame!"

https://twitter.com/phillyeaglesfa1/status/1243324411408769027?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Back
Top Bottom