County ordinances

SKEET25

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Got an ordinance violation the other day says I can't park my vehicle off the side of my driveway. My borther-in-law syas the county can only enforce ordinances on government property. Also says that unless involved in commerce I don't have to have tags or insurance in my vehiclws or a valid drivers liscense. Any truth to this or is he full of it?

Most counties and certain neoghborhoods have ordinances about tags, being up on wheels, eye sore and such. Check your local web site for county or city, They should list said things.

That is incorrect, all of it. I have counties enforce ordinances on my clients for actions on their personal property all the time.

The commerce part is made up as well.

Got an ordinance violation the other day says I can't park my vehicle off the side of my driveway. My borther-in-law syas the county can only enforce ordinances on government property. Also says that unless involved in commerce I don't have to have tags or insurance in my vehiclws or a valid drivers liscense. Any truth to this or is he full of it?

Your brother in law either lives in the middle of nowhere, or an apt complex.
He is dead wrong. In fact, a lot of counties can just come tow the vehicle if you don't comply.

:fish2:
If it's a warning don't heed it and see what happens. :pop2:

If it's a summons don't show up and see what happens.:brick:

If you go to court then I highly suggest you let your brother in law represent you.

Don't worry it's only recorders court, Just like peoples court on TV.:flypig:

Go in there and tell em your story and give em a piece of your mind while you're at it.:horn:

Nothing bad will happen.:lock1:

Also take all the advice you can find from your brother in law and on an internet forum.:blah:

Not responsible for any negative consequences from the advice above.
If you do have negative consequences, there is always :canada:

Looks like you live in Paulding county.I can bet that a neighbor complained to the marshall`s office.They don`t go out looking for violations,and won`t bother you unless someone complains.A neighbor trespassed on my property once,to see if a car had a current license plate.LEO wouldn`t tell which neighbor complained,but my wife knew anyway.LEO was nice,gave a verbal warning.I went to the marshall`s office once and asked if there was a problem if I did a certain thing on my property,and was told that it would be no problem unless someone complained.Sounds like you have a Homeowners Assoc.problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom