• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cover scent wafers?

Justin

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
3   0
Reaction score
I bought some of these today never seen them before anyone out there have any knowledge on them and if they even work? I'm not a scent control freak by anymeans I do spray down with scent eliminator before a hunt but never used a cover scent before tips are appreciated

I put my gear into a duffle bag and put 2 "waffles" in. Everything comes out smelling like the woods. I suppose you could just lay down and roll around in the leaves and dirt and do the same thing. I spray down too. Think I need to eat some peanut butter to cover up my coffee breath....

I have smoked ,dipped and wore blue jeans .they do work. also Use cover spray with deer pee drag on the way to your stand.The American Indians wore no camo .All they used was a leaf and smoke from a fire.It just depends on how where when you are hunting.In my opinion.

I use them as part of an overall scent control process. They work better than the liquid or spray on. They last much longer and stronger.

They are great for clipping to the back of a hunting buddy's shirt or orange vest. They are kinda strong. I have never actually use them for their intended purpose as I can't stand smelling that strong of an odor the whole time I'm hunting.

Ive used them....earth scent. Use as a cover scent, clip it on the back of my hat goin in then hang it from a tree limb in the stand. Now I use dryer sheets....earth scent. Throw all my outter wear in dryer for 5 minutes and smell like dirt lol

true enough...saw a video by an ex cop that explains it best. A person smells a pot of beef stew and smells some good beef stew! A dog smells the beef stew and smells meat,potatoes,carrots,peas, whatever, individualy... a deers sense of smell is even better...he will tell ya what brand you used for the spices :)