• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Coyote gun help.

bbrooks333

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
So I have a stock dpms AR-15. First question which ammo is best 5.56 or 223 for accuracy out of it as is? Any ammo recommendations? Secondly I know to increase accuracy I need a new barrel chambered in .223 what’s the cheapest barrel out there that would help me achieve better accuracy. I’m looking for around 200-300 yard shots at best.

So I have a stock dpms AR-15. First question which ammo is best 5.56 or 223 for accuracy out of it as is?

The best way to find out is to reload and Taylor your rounds to your rifle, the other way is to get ammo of different gains / bullets and loads

[/QUOTE] Any ammo recommendations? Secondly I know to increase accuracy I need a new barrel chambered in .223 what’s the cheapest barrel out there that would help me achieve better accuracy. [/QUOTE]

Black hills, or federal

[/QUOTE] I’m looking for around 200-300 yard shots at best.[/QUOTE]

If you can find 77 grain 5.56 SOST, they do great job.

But then again there’s absolutely nothing wrong with just shooting M855 as it groups just fine at 300 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot different rounds to see which shoots best out of your rifle. Or at least a round that shoots good enough. That's all you need. I've taken out a few coyotes and never needed anything more than cheap soft points. Full disclosure, though, 150 yards is about as far as I've shot a coyote, and I was using a .270 while deer hunting.

I dont think you should have to re-barrel the rifle.

Back
Top Bottom